- Steel was corroded heavily
- Only 0.1 inches of steel remaining
- 48 inch pipe carrying cooling water
- Leak of 3 drops per second
- Danger of duct breaking in half and separating from tower.
We used a combination of resin, fiberglass cloth, and putty to begin to patch the duct without the need for sanding and grinding the rusted metal, which could significantly increase the possibility of additional leaks.
Quality On-site Sand Blasting Services
After cutting and removing bolts in the coupling we filled the resultant gaps to create a smooth surface over which to lay the eventual coating (top image). We then used putty along clamp edges to reduce sharp corners for the subsequent layers of fiberglass (lower image). Our OSHA certified technician works on early layers of fiberglass around the smoothed corners created by prior steps, smooth corners and surfaces are essential to create strong inter-laminate layer bonding.